Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Barefoot Running

Ouuuchhie....my calves hurt!  I only ran 2 miles barefoot on a treadmill for a barefoot running study at the UF Orthopedics Institute and it hurts.  I had all kinds of gadgets taped and stuck all over my body.  I have to go back Friday and run the 2 miles with shoes and they are going to compare force and calories etc.  I will try to get photos and interesting results to post friday.
And I realized I stare at the ground almost the whole time while running because it was really hard to look at the ground on the treadmill with the big mask over my mouth and box stuck on my chest and I felt out of place.  Also, I had to run across a mat on the ground and the researcher had to tell me to look up several times instead of at the ground.  Sounds boring to look down instead of at surroundings but I think I'm so intent on the running I do not notice.  Just thinking about the time and miles passing...

1 comment:

  1. This will be an interesting study. You have many interesting facets to your exercise, research, mood, faith, etc. Keep seeking threads of connections here. Good posts.

    ReplyDelete