Sunday, January 29, 2012

Weekend Workouts

Since I did not exercise today I will tell you what I did yesterday and Friday.  Friday I ran for 30 minutes around campus then met my friend, Becca, at the Southwest Rec Center to lift weights for about an hour.  I got out of the habit of weights and am very sore today, which I do not mind.  Yesterday I ran the Newnan's Lake 15K (9.3 miles), which is a very nice route around the lake and through the UF row team's boat shed.  I ran 8 minute miles, which is pretty good for me.  I was planning on 8.5-9 minute miles, so good job!  Stay tuned for tomorrow's swim.

1 comment:

  1. Careful of swimming in Newnan's Lake...lots of gators there...the read kind;)

    Also, what might you make of the poetic notion I proposed in class of the "low orbit"? The idea that you notice things differently when out in nature, on paths, alone, looking at your feet or in your general vicinity as you cover some distance.

    There is plenty of talk of fitness and personal goals, etc., but what about things you notice outside of your physical performance. Mood effects are certainly front and center with your quote about a good mood being a workout away...build on this.

    Patrick

    ReplyDelete